Cats are often considered part of our family. So their health is important to the wellbeing of the family as a whole.
Cats are susceptible to a number of diseases and health conditions. As cat owners, we need to keep away cat diseases. They are very sensitive animal. So, if you take some precautions, a cat can be free from diseases.
To make them shiny coats and playful, it is important to keep them healthy and free from illness.
How to Keep Your Cat Away From Different Diseases
- Cleanliness is the most important. Cats love to be neat and clean. Have to make arrangements to do pee and poop for it and have to clean regularly. Toilet, papers, and litter are healthy. Should not give sand or soil, it contains eggs of the worm.
- Have to clean your hands with soap after cleaning the poop from a little box.
- Have to keep the cat free from ticks & fleas and worms.
- Have to make the cat take shower at least one day in a month (not in winter).
- Have to give vaccine after every one year in regular basic. As a result, there won’t be any possibility of a different disease like- feline Calicivirus (cat flu), Rhinotracheitis, Panleukopenia etc.
- If the cat is healthy and it bites then needs to clean properly with soap and apply antiseptic. If the cat is sick then needs to consult with a vet.
- Don’t allow your pet to get mixed with an outsider cat. Stray cats can be affected by different diseases. If they become affected, your pet can also be affected by their bite or scratch.
- Don’t feed the cat raw fish and meat. It contains a lot of bacteria. Make the habit to eat boiled food. Especially have to avoid pig’s meat.
- Don’t allow it to eat rats, cockroaches etc. The disease rabies generally spread from rats and bats. Read here what will happen if a cat eat cockroach.
- Some people have allergies to sand, fur or cat. If allergic people come close to the cat they started sneezing and their body itching. If they have to consult with a doctor.
- Any disease doesn’t spread from the cat’s hair. If you have to wheeze your problem will increase if the cat’s hair is inside your hose. In that case, wash your hand after having time with your cat.
Why Is It Important to Prevent Illness in Cats?
Cats can be susceptible to a number of illnesses, some of which can be life-threatening. It is important to prevent illness in cats by keeping them up-to-date on vaccinations and routine vet care.
Vaccinations help protect cats from a number of serious diseases, including rabies, feline leukemia, and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV). Regular vet care can help catch illnesses early, when they are often more easily treated.
Illness can also be prevented by keeping cats indoors, which reduces their exposure to other sick animals and harmful substances.
Actually, a healthy cat will have a shiny coat, bright eyes, and be alert and playful. An ill cat will have a dull coat, dull eyes, and be lethargic and uninterested in play.
From ancient times there are many tales and misbelieve about a cat. Just like a cat shouldn’t be the pet in the house and if it bites and scratches you then you will suffer from the disease. But nowadays so many people have a cat in the house by proving this thought wrong.
His professional interests include humane education, ethics, small animal behavior and veterinary. As a pet lover from school life, having grown up with two cats and a dog. If he isn’t spending time with his friends and family, Justin enjoys traveling.