There are many reasons your cat may enjoy rubbing his head against yours. It could be a sign of affection, or he may be marking you as part of his territory.
Regardless of the reason, it’s always a good idea to give your feline friend some extra love and attention when he does this.
Why Does My Cat Rub His Face on Mine
There are a few reasons why your cat may enjoy rubbing his head on yours.
- For one, it’s a way of marking you as part of his territory. By rubbing his scent on you, he’s claiming you as his own.
- Your cat may be showing affection when he rubs his face on yours.
- Additionally, it feels good! Cats have scent glands in their faces, so when they rub them against you, they’re likely enjoying the feeling of being petted. He’s scent-marking you as part of his territory. When a cat rubs his face against an object, he’s depositing pheromones from glands in his cheeks.
- Every cat is different and there may be other reasons why your particular kitty enjoys rubbing his noggin on yours.
- Of course, it’s also possible that your cat enjoys the way you smell and just wants to share his scent with you!
How Often Should I Have My Cat’s Head Rubbed
How often should you have your cat’s head rubbed? It is generally recommended that you rub your cat’s head at least once a day. This will help to keep their fur coat healthy and free of tangles, and will also help to spread natural oils throughout their fur.
Your cat loves you and wants to mark you as his own. When your cat rubs his head on you, he is actually depositing scent glands on your skin. This lets other cats know that you belong to him and keeps them away from you.
So when your kitty gives you a good head rub, it’s actually a sign of love!
His professional interests include humane education, ethics, small animal behavior, and veterinary. As a pet lover from school life, having grown up with two cats and a dog. If he isn’t spending time with his friends and family, Justin enjoys traveling. Learn more about Justin here.