Are you worried about your cat’s litter that you want to use the best litter for it? Actually, we want to give the best to our beloved pets. If this is the case, then you can consider pine pellet cat litter. This is one of the most organic cat litter on the market.
Pine pellet or wood cat litter removes odor and gives a nice aroma to the environment. Easily scoopable litter will make your job easy. Biodegradable compounds will keep the Earth green.
Our Top Picks Wood Litter of 2022
|Natural Pine Non-Clumping Cat Litter||Dust-free formula, Super absorbent, Environmentally friendly, Perfume and Chemical free. Economically cheap compared to Clay Litter and others to save money.||Check Amazon Price|
|Small Pet Pine Cat Litter||Dried in a kiln and has a natural pine scent to control odor without introducing harmful additives.||Check Amazon Price|
|Simply Pine Unscented All-Natural Cat Litter||Formulated to be biodegradable and naturally antibacterial that contains no harmful chemicals or additives.||Check Chewy Price|
What is Pine Pellet Cat Litter?
Pine pellet Cat Litter Is made from the finest pine tree wood so that you can have a natural product that gives a good aroma all the time.
People think that wood pellets may be a hard material to use as cat litter. But it has proven to be really effective for many environmentally conscious cat parents. If you are looking for a natural and cost effective alternative to other litters, this will be the solution for you.
Pine wood pellets work as cat litter by absorbing the liquid and the smell which turns into sawdust. The sawdust goes at the bottom of the litter box and at the same time fresh pellets remain on the top.
For cleaning the litter box, just scoop the feces and some of the sawdust regularly. You can buy a special sifting litter box that removes the sawdust automatically.
Why Should Use Wood Pellet Cat Litter
There are many reasons why you should use wood and pine pellet cat litter.
- The first reason is that they are biodegradable. This means that they will not contribute to the pollution of the environment.
- The second reason is that they are absorbent. This means that they will absorb the urine and feces of your cat, which will help keep your cat’s litter box clean.
- The third reason is that they are dust-free. This means that they will not cause your cat to sneeze or to have an allergic reaction.
- The fourth reason is that they are comfortable. This means that your cat will not feel uncomfortable when using them.
- The fifth reason is that they are economical. This means that you will not have to spend a lot of money on them.
Also Read: If a cat eats cat litter will it harm him?
What is The Best Pine Pellet Cat Litter?
Small Pet Select Premium Pine Pelleted Cat Litter
Small Pet Select Premium Pine Pelleted Cat Litter is made from 100% all-natural pelleted pine. As each batch is screened by humans, it creates low dust and gives high-quality litter.
Compared to other litters, high-density pellets lead to higher absorption. No chemicals, fillers are included here. It has a natural pine scent to control odor without introducing harmful additives.
Dried in a kiln to keep its naturality. The cleaning process is easy and saves time. Saves money compared to others.
- All natural product
- Low dust
- Highly absorbent quality
- Controls odor
- No chemicals and fillers added
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly
- Dried in kiln
- Cleaning process is easy
- Saves money
Feline Pine Platinum Natural Pine Non-Clumping Cat Litter
Arm & Hammer Platinum Natural Pine Non-Clumping Cat Litter gives the best benefit with its added baking soda. No fragrance is added here to control odor.
Any harsh chemicals or messy clouds of dust are present here. The process dehydrates pine fibers that absorb liquid very well. Economically cheap compared to Clay Cat Litter.
- Baking soda added to enhance performance
- No fragrance added
- No harmful chemical is added here
- Highly absorbable
- Cheap compared to others
- Light in weight
Simply Pine Unscented All-Natural Pine Pellet Cat Litter
Simply Pine Unscented All-Natural Pine Pellet Cat Litter is for you if you are looking for a natural litter. It is made from pure Northeastern White Pine. Completely chemical and additive-free formulas give you the best performance.
The pellet structure has no dust and no tracking. Pine is the natural ingredient for the health and safety of you, your cat and the environment.
- Formulated to be biodegradable and naturally antibacterial
- Contains no harmful chemicals or additives
- The texture and scent that occurs naturally
- Absorbs cat urine better than traditional clay litters
- Eco-friendly choice for any cat parent.
- Low in dust
Nature’s Logic All Natural Pine Unscented Non-Clumping Wood Cat Litter
“Completely natural, silica-free and odor-control formula reduces the amount of odor in your litter box.”
Nature’s Logic All Natural Pine Unscented Non-Clumping Wood Cat Litter is totally natural. This brings a piece of nature to their litter box. Made of Ponderosa Pine that avoids the silica particles found in most clay litters.
Dust-free and completely safe for cats and other small mammals like rabbits.
- Odor-control formula reduces the amount of odor in your litter box
- Completely natural and silica-free
- Dust-free litter won’t create dust when you pour
- Safe for all cats, kittens and other mammals
- Biodegradable litter is better for your home
- Better for the planet
- Hard pellets
Frisco Pine Pellet Unscented Non-Clumping Wood Cat Litter
“The cat litter gives a fresh aroma that is non-clumping pellets and made with natural pine.”
Frisco Pine Pellet Unscented Non-Clumping Wood Cat Litter gives a fresh aroma. These non-clumping pellets are made with natural pine. They absorb liquids more than their weight. Odors don’t get lingering around the litter box.
No covering up odors with artificial chemicals. The low dust formula creates less mess and provides fragrance.
- All-natural cat litter is made up with 100% pine
- Non-clumping pellets that combat odors
- Chemicals or added fragrances are here
- Absorbs liquids to help keep the litter box fresh
- Perfect for cats that are sensitive to other litters
- It smells like pine
- Dust-free for less mess
- Scooping is easy
- Large pellets
Tidy Cats Pure Nature Scented Clumping Wood Cat Litter
“The tight clumps promote easy cleanup that has a combination of cedar, pine and corn etc.”
Tidy Cats Pure Nature Scented Clumping Wood Cat Litter has a highly absorbent formula to keep your cats feeling comfortable. The tight clumps promote easy cleanup. This has a combination of cedar, pine, corn etc so that you can feel good.
Fight against the toughest odors. Natural scents invite your cat into litter boxes.
- Odor control for a fresh-smelling home
- Same number of uses as clay litter
- Natural scents for freshness
- Crafted from cedar, pine and corn
- Naturally clumping design
- Easy cleanup
- Can’t be used for compost
Zero Mess by World’s Best Pine Scented Clumping Corn Cat Litter
“Absorbent whole kernel corn and plant fibers to trap liquids and odors in tight clumps without mess.”
Zero Mess by World’s Best Pine Scented Clumping Corn Cat Litter has a patented blend of naturally super-absorbent whole kernel corn. The plant fibers trap liquids and odors in tight clumps without dust. This litter is lightweight, totally flushable for easy cleaning.
By forming clumps quickly, it prevents the litter from sticking to the litter box. It’s septic-safe, eco-friendly, free of toxins or silica that make it safe for the environment. The natural scent contains a blend of real pine ingredients for a gentle.
- Quick clumping formula that’s easy to scoop
- Naturally scented with real pine ingredients
- Delivers long-lasting odor control
- Completely lightweight and dust free
- 100% free from harmful chemicals
- Easy litter box maintenance
- Flushable and safe for most septic and sewer systems
- Making dust
Catalyst Pet Multi-Cat Formula Cat Litter
“It releases zeolite, a natural resource to keep your home smelling natural along with high absorbency.”
Catalyst Pet Multi-Cat Formula Cat Litter makes litter box maintenance easy. This formula is crafted from upcycled wood fiber and specially made for multi-cat families. It releases zeolite to keep your home smelling natural.
This litter has a natural clumping agent that makes scooping easy and absorbs unpleasant odors. Zero airborne dust helps to keep surfaces cleaner and air clearer.
- Lightweight and easy to lift
- Quick clumping
- Easy scooping
- Dust-free formula
- Delivers long-lasting odor control
- Sustainable upcycled softwood litter
- Keep surfaces clean
- Goes a long way
- Helps to breathe easy
Okocat Mini Pellets Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter
“The wood fiber works to naturally prevent enzymes from bonding with liquid to control unpleasant odors.”
Okocat Mini Pellets Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter is good for kittens. The natural wood fiber has responsibly rescued. The soft quality makes it similar to clay. This helps control unpleasant odors and your kitty friend can breathe easily.
Simply scoop and flush one clump at a time. The wood fiber works to naturally prevent enzymes from bonding with liquid.
- Absorbs liquid on contact
- Creates solid clumps for hassle-free scooping
- Dust-free for breathing easier
- Free from artificial fragrances, toxic dyes, synthetic chemicals, GMOs
- The wood fiber is de-dusted and screened
- Biodegradable and flushable litter
- Crafted from sustainably sourced wood fiber
- Halts ammonia odor
Next Gen Green Tea Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter
“Green tea naturally contains catechin, an antioxidant that works as a deodorant and anti-bacterial agent.“
Next Gen Green Tea Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter is made with green tea leaves that contain an astringent called catechin that has antioxidant properties. This works as an effective deodorant and anti-bacterial agent that suppresses the growth of bacteria.
Bacteria is the primary source of cat box odors. Green tea leaves a comfortable environment for you and your cat.
- Suppress the growth of bacteria
- Has antioxidant properties
- Effective deodorant
- Economically friendly litter lasts 4-6 weeks
- Made without chemicals or artificial fragrances
- Does not contain silica dust
- Easily flushable
- Low dust but not dust-free
How Does Pine Pellet Cat Litter Work?
Pine pellet Cat Litter is effective for both you and your cat. This is the solution for you if you are looking for a natural and cost effective alternative to other litters.
Pine wood pellets work by absorbing the liquid and the smell. After absorbing the liquid, pine wood pellets turn into sawdust and become heavier compared to fresh litter. The sawdust gradually goes at the bottom of the litter box by the attraction of gravity. Fresh pellets remain on the top as they are lighter.
For cleaning the litter box, just shake and scoop the feces. Pour some new litter regularly if the feed bed gets lower in height. Buy a special sifting litter box that removes the sawdust automatically for your convenience.
Pine Pellet Cat Litter Pros and Cons
- The high absorbancy of pine wood for its long fiber helps with smell
- Renewable as they are made from wood
- The cheapest cat litter in the market
- Biodegradable material and easily mix with soil in time.
- Less tracking on the floor as they are too large for cat paws
- No synthetic chemicals added
- Less dust producer compared with traditional cat litter
- Last for a long time
- Quickly soaks up the cat’s urine and neutralizes its odor of ammonia
- The natural scent from pine wood attracts the cat into the cat litter box
- Some cats don’t want to use it because the texture is different
- Pine wood pellets will not clump
- Scooping this type of cat litter is quite a hassle than with regular litter
- Some cats or cat owners could be allergic to pine wood
Best Way to Use Pine Pellet Cat Litter
Pine wood pellet cat litter is lighter in weight. Pour it slowly in the cat litter box as it makes a little bit of dust. Level it with a scooper. After the cat does its business, the texture soaks urine and liquid from feces.
After soaking the liquid, the litter gets heavier and goes below the surface of the litter box. When scooped, The used litter goes further down.
Pour the fresh litter into another pot from the top. Scoop from the bottom and leave in the trash bag.
Can you use pine pellets for cat litter?
Yes, we can use pine pellets for cat litter. There are many cat litters in the market. Different products serve different perspectives. Pine pellet cat litter has some advantages over others. Cat owners consider those properties and choose for buying.
Are pine pellets better than litter?
There are different types of cat litters we can find. Each of them have their own qualities. In that case, pine pellets and litter have their own different benefits. Some cat owners think that pine pellets are better than litter bou some of them are not.
Is wood pellet litter safe for cats?
Wood pellet litter is safe for cats unless you add harmful ingredients into them. Natural basic things are preferable to make wood pellets. Wood is a natural thing unless you are allergic to any particular tree. Overall, we can say that wood is safe for cats.
Is pine litter better for cats?
Pine litter could be better but it depends on many issues. Use some different brands to make sure that your cat likes it or not. Pine litter may be better but you can’t use them if your cat doesn’t like it.
Is pine toxic for cats?
Pine is not toxic for cats. But some cats might be allergic to it. Even some cat owners are allergic to the substances that belong to pine. It is not wise to swallow the stuff. Choking can occur for cats if they consume a lot of them.
How often should I change wood pellet cat litter?
Change the litter box when all the pellets dissolve. For a single cat, the time is about two weeks. After sifting out the used portion, customers have mentioned that they only completely change the pellets every 3 weeks for cleanliness. But there isn’t any noticeable odor we can have.
Does pellet litter smell?
It is not totally odor-free but much less pronounced than when using typical kitty litter. At the time when the pellets are dampened, it turns into sawdust and can create a little bit of smell. For its larger size, the cats were not tracking it outside of the litter box.
Choose the best pine pellet cat litter from our top picks if you intend to pellet cat litter. Don’t change it instantly.
First of all, use the old litter and spread some of the new pellets over them. Let the cat get used to it and gradually increase the amount of new pellets.
His professional interests include humane education, ethics, small animal behavior and veterinary. As a pet lover from school life, having grown up with two cats and a dog. If he isn’t spending time with his friends and family, Justin enjoys traveling.