As a cat owner, we need to keep cats away from diseases. Cat is a very sensitive animal. So, if you take some precautions, a cat can be free from diseases.
Nowadays many people are selecting a cat as their pet. This animal is easy to read and beautiful to look at and easily tamed if gets little food and shelter. You have to take care of or your cat health so that your pet doesn’t become sick.
- Cleanliness is the most important. Cats love to be neat and clean. Have to make arrangements to do pee and poop for it and have to clean regularly. Toilet, papers, and litter are healthy. Should not give sand or soil, it contains eggs of the worm.
- Have to clean hands with soap after cleaning the poop from a little box.
- Have to keep the cat free from tick & flea and worm.
- Have to make the cat take shower at least one day in a month (not in winter).
- Have to give vaccine after every one year in regular basic. As a result, there won’t be any possibility of a different disease like- feline Calicivirus (cat flu), Rhinotracheitis, Panleukopenia etc.
- If the cat is healthy and it bites then need to clean properly with soap and apply antiseptic. If the cat is sick then need to consult with a vet.
- Don’t allow your pet to get mixed with outsider cat. Stray cats can be affected by different diseases. If they become affected, your pet can also be affected by their bite or scratch.
- Don’t feed the cat raw fish and meat. It contains a lot of bacteria’s. Make the habit to eat boiled food. Especially have to avoid pig’s meat.
- Don’t allow it to eat rat, cockroach etc. The disease rabies generally spread from rat and bat.
- Some people have allergy on sand, fur or cat. If allergic people come close to the cat they started sneezing and body itching. If they have to consult with a doctor.
- Any disease doesn’t spread from the cat’s hair. If you have to wheeze your problem will increase if cat’s hair is inside in your hose. In that case, wash your hand after having time with your cat.
From ancient times there are many tales and misbelieve about a cat. Just like a cat shouldn’t be the pet in the house and if it bites and scratches you then you will suffer from the disease. But nowadays so many people have a cat in the house by proving this thought wrong.